Many thanks to http://patricemj.wordpress.com/ for including me on her list of fifteen bloggers here at WordPress.com for being…well…versatile. Dictionary.com describes the word “versatile” like this:
[vur-suh-tl or, especially Brit., -tahyl] – adjective
1. Capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: e.g. – a versatile writer
Based on that description, it sounds like being versatile is a good idea, and anyone who has read Patrice’s blog knows that she is an enormously talented and versatile writer. No mystery there. Her narratives are not only superbly written, heartfelt, and passionate, but they also reveal the character of her personal humanity, which is loving and generous and compassionate. Anyone who is NOT affected by her writing is simply not paying attention.
The person who is “Patrice the Writer,” is courageous and bold and articulate and astonishingly refreshing in her unique approach–one that I aspire to emulate. “Patrice the Person,” is someone that I admire greatly and I am especially glad to share the planet with her. Patrice has been generous in her characterization of my blog as being worthy of the attention of others, and I am grateful for her support and encouragement, but I actually think she simply enjoys tormenting me, as her brothers did to her growing up. Thankfully her approach to the task does not include spit, but even without the inclusion of spit in her method, I too have developed a deep and abiding fondness for her.
There are a few conditions for this award:
1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, Add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
7 random things about me
1. Although you probably wouldn’t even notice me in a crowd, in small groups I seem to be taller than just about everyone. (6 ‘ 3”)
2. I lived in Germany for two years in the late 1970’s.
3. I was the biggest baby my mom had out of eight children. (middle child)
4. Camping in the forests and mountains is my favorite vacation choice.
5. When I was in high school, I fell thirty feet off of a painter’s scaffold to the wooden floor in the gymnasium while hanging decorations for a dance.
6. In the late 1990’s and early 2000’s I hosted a poetry discussion group on ThirdAge.com
7. When I was in college I met and conversed with Truman Capote.
These blogs all have something to offer beyond the average…Enjoy!
http://islandsontheroad.wordpress.com/ – Life and love on the road in America
http://justmarj.wordpress.com/ – In her own words, “a wanna-be writer with an offbeat personality and social skills bordering on esoteric.”
http://gideonjagged671.wordpress.com/ – Gideon Jagged is a novelist, essayist and all-round smart guy.
http://mindscienceandcreativity.wordpress.com/ – A new voice on the scene with fresh insights
http://modernartists.blogspot.com/ – A pop culture wiz with a keen sense of style
http://mooselicker.wordpress.com/ – His goal is simple, to get you to think. Whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant
http://jonelfernando.com/ – living a full life isn’t about having possessions, it’s about gaining and maintaining human connections.
http://jaggedwriter.wordpress.com/ – Striving every day to make her dreams come true, and never forgetting the dreams that got her there in the first place.
http://futuristicallyyours.com/ – a group of 26 of the brightest futures, ranging in ages from 18-29, write REVERSE self-letters, as in their future-self (their age advanced 20-30 years) writes them, their present-self reads them.
http://yellowvoices.wordpress.com/ – a woman with a passion for art currently working at the bottom of the food chain in the fashion industry.
http://fasterthanlight.me/ – Gaming, media, technology, and philosophy.
http://derekbang.wordpress.com/ – Amazing photography and a deeply spiritual philosophy
http://spl225.wordpress.com/ – Great blog about books and Libraries and everything literary
http://boggletondrive.com/ – a totally unique graphic comic blog
http://workmadeforhire.wordpress.com/ – everything you could possibly want to know about negotiating